Welcome to the site of WVAmsterdam
The WVA is the cycling club in Amsterdam with the nicest clubhouse and the most popular course in the Netherlands this is where the cycling heart of Amsterdam beats! The WVA is founded in 1933 and is run by a group of about 20 volunteers and a 5-member board. If you have questions you can contact the WVA on firstname.lastname@example.org
The WVA has its own closed-off circuit so no traffic of 2.5 km Strava segment
And we have a nice club building where you can get drinks and showe after a race.
The WVA organizes a wide range of competitions and events that can be joined by everyone with the correct license is needed:
- Saturday 13:00 – 14:20 from February to October weekly competitions for ‘Trimmers’ (no license needed)
- Saturday 15:00 – 16:40 from February to October weekly competitions for license holders
- Monday 19:00 – 20:20 during April to September weekly evening competitions for various categories (no license needed)
- Wednesday 19:00 – 20:20 during April to September weekly evening competitions for various categories
- Saturday 14:00 – 15:00 from October to December off-road Fun races for MTB, gravel en cyclo bikes (no license needed)
And we organize a number of other events that you can find on WVA race kallander
So everyone can join a race and for races where a correct license is needed you need to fill in your license number, this can be a license from another county.
When you want to join the WVA you can fill in the WVA become member page
- Every year you can order a free set of cycling clothing (shorts and shirt)
- Discount on the registration fee when joining WVA races
- KNWU membership so you can get a license to join license holder races and join other KNWU races